I am a student in my final year at the Edinburgh University. Studying for a degree in Performance Costume BA (hons).
I am currently working on two projects, the first is an adaptation of the book Slade House by David Michell for film, and the second is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnet as a ballet.
I work in both designing and making as well as styling for film, theatre and performance pieces. I am a reliable, committed person with a strong background in customer service, sales, visual merchandising and buying.
Costume Designer for LUCID, a short film — 2015
- Worked as part of a small team as one of two head costume designers.
- Learned to work to a tight budget as well as working in a professional environment on set.
- The film has now gone on to be nominated for a Scottish BAFTA for best short film.
Ruskin Man, Stylist and Concept artist for photo shoot — 2016
- Ran and styled a photo shoot using local people for an online campaign for a multi-brand store.
- Scouted locations ahead of time.
- Found Models to represent the brand (non-professional models)
Visual Merchandising and Buying; Ruskin, Whitstable — 2014-Present
- Buying, working closely with a number of brands for both menswear and women’s wear to create a cohesive look both in store and online.
- Visual merchandising, in-store. Including window dressing.
- Working on the shop floor has allowed me to learn to interact with a variety of customers.
Independent Shopping Guide for Whitstable, — 2014
- Conceived and implemented the creation of a Shopping Guide for my town.
- Liaised with local government, the Chamber of Commerce and local business owners to create a free guide to be given away to tourists.
- Worked with artists, designers and printers to create an exceptional product, which eventually gained a small profit for the organisers.
Team Leader; EUSA Shops, Edinburgh — 2013-2014
- Running a small team of Team Members while on shift.
- Stock rotation and reordering.
- Banking and cash handling responsibilities.
- Maintaining contact with other parts of a large organisation.
Lifeguard; Active Life Ltd., Whitstable — 2012-2013
- Maintaining the correct level of training required to work as a Lifeguard.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and performance while on poolside.
- First aid skills
The Archbishop’s School, Canterbury — GCSE’s (A-C)
University of the Creative Arts, Canterbury — Extended Diploma in Art and Design
Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh — Costume Design BA, 2013-2017 (grade forthcoming)
- Dressmaking skills
- Pattern Cutting
- Costume construction
- Digital Design Skills
- Social Media and Brand Management.
- Visual Merchandising.
- Confident and professional customer interaction.
- Cash handling and banking.
Can be given upon request.